Rehab Your Home

Rehab Grants for Homebuyers HBA_Cover_Graphic1

Fully forgivable Homebuyer Assistance second mortgage loans of up to $20,000 are available to assist eligible homebuyers with the rehabilitation of City-owned foreclosed homes. Homebuyer Assistance is limited to no more than one half of the total cost of the purchase and rehabilitation of the property. The City is working with a number of lenders who can provide first mortgage loans to eligible potential homebuyers going through the program.

Homebuyer Assistance Program brochure

Homebuyer Assistance Program application


DSC_1021Bloom and Groom Flower Sale

Purchase discounted annuals and perennials to beautify your yard.  HEDC with Milwaukee’s Neighborhood Improvement Development Corp and Lowe’s holds this annual flower sale in May.  Order forms go out in April for pre-orders.  There are flowers available for day of purchase. The sale is held at Redemption Church at 5641 N. 68th St.  To pre-order email


rebuilding dayHome Rehab Help for Seniors

Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee is an HEDC partner providing free home repair and accessibility modifications for adults 60+ and adults with disabilities.  Click here to see qualification information or download an application.  Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee


DSC_1104 Free Design Consultation

Each spring residents can sign up for a free design session with Community Design Solutions for tips and ideas on improving the exterior of their property.  CDS consultants are graduate and PhD students in UW-Milwaukee’s School of Architecture.   If you are interested in signing up for one of these free sessions, contact Jessica at 414-431-2271.


doHavenwoods Targeted Investment Neighborhood Rehab Grant

Through the TIN program, the City of Milwaukee focuses funds and resources in targeted areas (6-12 blocks) for approximately three years. The goal of the program is to support and encourage homeowners and responsible landlords to improve the safety and appearance of the neighborhood. Homeowners and landlords who use the program can make common household repairs and updates.  To find out if your home is in a TIN designated neighborhood contact Jess Noth at 414-431-2271 or email